Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

February 27, 1942 Diary

Friday, 58th Day - 307 Days to Follow

Written by Margie Arbuthnot

Temp at 7 A.M. 6 degrees below.
Some warmer today.
I cleaned the wood work in the kitchen and hung the curtains on the line to dust them.
Mr. Anderson and Hewy bro[ught] Dad some lumber from Lyons today.  Cloudy tonite.

Lyons, CO

The town of Lyons, Colorado in Boulder County is the gateway into the Rocky Mountains.
It is located north west of where Margie and Fred Arbuthnot live.  The town of Lyons has come back after the 100 year's flood took out a portion of the town.  It's a wonderful place to visit with it's Redstone Museum, nationally known music festivals, and the home of the Original Oskar Blues.  
In Margie's time, it was a mining town and the lumber cut there had either been brought in by train, or had been brought down from the mountains.  Stop by the Museum and let them know that I sent you.  You won't regret it.

Click here for the Lyon's Redstone Museum

Click here for the Town of Lyons 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn