Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Friday, March 29, 2019

March 28, 1942 Diary

Saturday, 87th Day - 278 Days to Follow

Written by Margie Arbuthnot

Another nice day, but rather cold.
Don drilled wheat in on Erickson place [where he and his wife live].
Doris and Mr. Woods came after the cows and pigs.
Took a calf to Longmont for Don to sell.
Loren H[ornbacker] here most of the day playing with Donnie.
Letter from Mass. and Nora saying that Bob Ereckson was in the hospital in Cheyenne.
Don and family here for supper so Don could harrow.  He worked until 9:30.
Another fresh heifer today.  Aunt Ione and I made more jelly.
Nora wrote that Nora was in the hospital.  
A tank of water delivered today at $1.50.

Click here to see International Harvester Disk Harrower in action.  What does it mean to harrow?  It means to break up the hard soil to prepare the land to be planted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn