Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Monday, March 25, 2019

March 25, 1942 Diary

Wednesday, 84th Day - 281 Days to Follow

Written by Margie Arbuthnot


More rain and snow last night.
Cloudy part of today.
Florence, Aunt Ione and myself went to Boulder and had lunch with the girls.  Don kept the children and Dad home alone.  We got back at Don's at 3.  He brought us down then and he and Dad went to Longmont.  Have had a cold N.E. wind this P.M.  Am writing a letter to Jessie tonight.

Four Generations.
Arletta (Misner) Coe, Don Arbuthnot holding Darold and Carol Jane
and Margie (Coe) Arbuthnot.
Littleton, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn