Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

March 13, 1942 Diary

Friday, 72nd Day - 293 Days to Follow

Written by Margie Arbuthnot

Didn't do much today, just the usual round of work.
The Hills were here a while this P.M.
Don, Florence & children were here for supper.
Read in Altona news that Helen Gould Wallace has a baby boy.

Congratulations to the Wallace family on the birth of their son!
Maybe his family can forward today's blog post and share this day with him.

The Hills - Guy and Ethel Hill are the parents of Florence who married Don Arbuthnot.
The Arbuthnot's and Hills became very good friends.

The Hill Family - before they moved to Colorado
Guy, Florence (Don's future wife), Marjorie (Johnny Knaus Jr's future wife),
 Ethel, Francis (who stayed in Oklahoma)
1926 - Oklahoma

Ethel and Guy Hill





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn