Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Election Judges for the 1869 Election

Boulder Pioneer Newspaper announces the Election Judges

This was published by a newspaper distributed in Boulder County, Colorado Territory.  The announcement reads...

The following persons were appointed to serve as Judges of Election, at the coming election, 
to be held on the second Tuesday of September next, to-wit:
Precinct No. 1, Burlington - Edward Newman, Enoch Coffman, John Miller.
Precinct No. 2, Upper St. Vrain - Geo. W. Mason, Charles C. True, E. Chapman.
Precinct No. 3, Left Hand - P. T. Hinman, C. W. Arbuthnot, J. H. Jamison.
Precinct No. 4, Boulder City - Chas. Dabney, Wm. Pound, Samuel Copeland.
Precinct No. 5, Valmont - George W. Chambers, John Ritchie, P.M. Housel.
Precinct No. 6, Lower Boulder - P. A. Leyner, W. R. Howell, Hiram Buck.
Precinct No. 7, South Boulder, Joseph Babcock, George W. Eggleston, N. M. Howard.
Precinct No. 8, Carle and Hockaday's - Newton Hockaday, J. J. Carle, Thos. ?

Click here for the article of C. W. Arbuthnot being voted in as Constable of the Gold Hill Mining District.  The same P.M. Housel here in Precinct No. 5 at Valmont also ran for the office of Constable.

Front Page Boulder Pioneer, July 14, 1869
Boulder County, Colorado Territory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn