Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Thursday, January 10, 2019

January 10, 1942 Diary

10th Day - 355 Days to Follow

Dairy of Margie Arbuthnot

The girls came out this morning.
Margie took Dad, Donnie and myself to Boulder.
I went to the Doc. Saw U[ncle] Fred & A[unt] Mae Atherton.
A letter from Nora.  Rather windy today but warmer.
Girls went back to Boulder at 4 o'clock.
Carol Jane came down with Don.

Milk Check 87.95
? 4.9
Lbs. Butter fat 154.8
Rice per lb. .59
Amt. $91.33
Ledge Acct. 1.56
Hauling C. 4.74
City ?   .17
? 2 C. $3.09

Some of Grandma's entries are difficult to decipher.  I don't know if these prices that she recorded were incoming or outgoing.  And some of her words are difficult to make out.  It looks like... I have no idea, so I placed a ?.  Some things will remain a mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn