Welcome!

My family came to what is now Boulder, Colorado, arriving when Boulder was three months old. My Great-great-grandfather was Carson W. Arbuthnot and with him, he brought his four sons and a son-in-law. Since a little child I have loved the history of this beautiful mountain area, the legacy's of the Natives who were here when my family arrived, and the way our community has grown to what it is today. My blog is dedicated to seeking evidence of all that happened. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will share the evidence of what I find.

I also share Boulder County and Colorado History through entertaining storytelling. Dressed as one of my early Boulder County ancestors, I will make you laugh, smile and sometimes cry as I share the stories of the people who came before us and who established these communities that we enjoy today. Please visit my storytelling and events pages for information on performances.

Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Donlyn Arbuthnot

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Arbuthnot Children born at Haystack Mountain



The six children who were born to William and Mary Arbuthnot at their Haystack Mountain Ranch.  They are... 

Fredrick Wilhelm Arbuthnot, b. 30 November 1869
William Carson Arbuthnot, Jr. b. 12 June 1871
George John Arbuthnot, b. 9 February 1875
Melissa Leona Arbuthnot, b. 7 July 1876
Stella May Arbuthnot, b. 13 January 1878
Sidney Arthur Arbuthnot, b. 17 February 1880

After their father was killed in April of 1882, their mother went and had photographs taken of these young ones.  Here are those photos.  Fred, the eldest was 12 when his father died, and Sidney the youngest was 2 years old.

L to R: William & Fred Arbuthnot

L to R: Melissa, Stella, George Arbuthnot


Sidney Arbuthnot being held by his mother,
Mary Elizabeth [Bader] Arbuthnot
In later years, the children had their photo taken again with their mother...

Front L to R:  Fred, Mary (mother), Sidney
Back L to R:  Melissa, William, George, Stella.
And after the eldest son, Fred, was married, his wife,
Margie Ann [Coe] Arbuthnot joined in the family photo...

Bottom Row:  Melissa and Margie
Middle Row:  George, Mary (mother), Fred
Back Row: Sidney, Stella, William

Related page:  Arbuthnot Family Tree
Related page:  Bader Family Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed for approval to appear on our blog. Thank you for taking time to read our posts. -- Donlyn